Welcome to my homepage!
I am Kévin Sztern, better known as "Chewie" in some places, a computer science engineer graduating from the French engineering school EPITA. While my primary interests gravitate towards computer stuff, mostly functional programming, C++ and devops stuff, I also very much like close up magic, juggling, and various branches of cognitive science.
During my scholarship, I had the opportunity to invest in student associations. I was a member of the student council bureau and the former president of GConfs, an association dedicated to technical talks by and for students.
Starting from January 2014, I became a teaching assistant at EPITA, educating on various subjects such as Unix, C, C++, SQL and Java. Unfortunately, course materials I created as a TA can't be shared on this site, as per school policy.
You'll find on this page the VODs/slides of the conferences I made as part of the GConfs association (all in french), along with several links related to my projects.
- Machine learning is not magic (video)
- Introduction to distributed systems (video)
- C++ Extravaganza (video)
- Vim workflow (slides) (video)
- Functional thinking with Haskell (video)
- Introduction to Haskell Zippers (video)
- Networking fundamentals (video)
- Git (slides)
- Object oriented design (slides)